And I ended up with five things to be grateful for:
1. All my data was left intact, so no worries even though I hadn’t been able to back up my drive in a while (by the way, this has finally moved me to action on getting that burnt-out Maxtor AC adaptor replaced).
2. I had loads of time to read for a week. And I read quite a bit of The Good Stuff.
3. The authorised service centre I tried this time had no queue and nice people.
4. I got to try the much-vaunted Thai soft-shell crab curry round the corner I’d heard about two years ago, and found out that I won’t be eating soft-shell crab again, having overdosed on it and found out how the crabs are ‘prepared’.
5. Apart from the authorised service centre’s inspection fee, I didn’t have to pay a cent to replace the logic board.
Not bad returns for a laptop that couldn’t be roused from a Sleep of Death, if you ask me.
I’m thankful for it.